Posted on 9 October 2016
The Parisian Luxury accessory Maison is delighted to partner with Al Tayer Group to announce the opening of Roger Vivier-Icons Connected, a travelling exhibition that will visit Abu Dhabi at The Galleria on Al Maryah Island on 11th October until 25th October, 2016. Roger Vivier recently opened their first boutique in Abu Dhabi at The Galleria on Al Maryah Island.
Roger Vivier -Icons Connected pays tribute to the memorable story of legendary shoemaker, Roger Vivier (1907-1998) from the 1930’s until today. The exhibit will present accessories that best represent the luxury brand’s history alongside iconic images and vintage pieces that capture this famous Parisian accessories Maison’s most celebrated milestones.
Spread across The Great Room at The Galleria, 11 displays will showcase prominent pieces and images that embody the brand’s absolute elegance, modernity through time and its protagonists: Roger Vivier, the visionary founder who made women’s dreams come true and inspired fashion history since the 1930’s, to Bruno Frisoni, current Creative Director and Brand Ambassador Ines de la Fressange who have both been at the helm of the house since 2003 when Diego Della Valle, owner and founder of Tod’s Group, bought the Roger Vivier name to revive it.
Since Frisoni’s appointment in 2003, he has updated Vivier’s codes while bringing fresh genius to signature styles including the buckle pump made famous by Catherine Deneuve in the classic film Belle du Jour in 1967, while the exquisite and quintessentially Parisian icon Ines de la Fressange wears Vivier out in the world always with her inimitable elegance and wit. This exhibition celebrates the history of the venerated house, and charts its evolution from a carriage trade shoe brand to a sophisticated, contemporary Parisian luxury accessories brand with global reach. The Vivier universe will be on display in a 11-chapter tale within The Galleria for two weeks featuring iconic pieces from the heritage of the brand to the most contemporary ones including:
- The buckle from 1965 and its evolution in time
- The Virgule heel from1963 versus today’s version
- Elizabeth Taylor’s shoes from 1963
- Brigitte Bardot’s thigh-high boots from 1967
- Queen Elizabeth’s 1952 coronation shoes
- A beautiful section devoted to the world of Roger Vivier’s most historical signatures heels.
- Framed cut-outs collages from the brand’s archives created originally by Roger Vivier himself
- The Haute Couture 2008 Miss Viv’ design
- The geometric Prismick line from 2012
- Sketches by Bruno Frisoni of Maison Roger Vivier’s contemporary styles
- Images of today’s international most coveted celebrities all Viviered-up, such as Cate Blanchett and, Jessica
- Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence and Brie Larrson