Posted on 18 September 2015
On the occasion of Eid Al Adha, The Galleria on Al Maryah Island, Abu Dhabi would like to welcome you to be a part of its diverse festivities.
With a variety of cultural, artistic and family friendly activities, there is something for everyone at Abu Dhabi’s premier shopping and dining destination.
- Why not experience the Bedouin way of life, with a visit to the traditional Bedouin tent to learn of age old Emirati traditions, whilst feasting on dates and Arabic coffee.
- For more Middle Eastern culture: guests can also watch amazing sand artists create wonderful bottle designs, relish in the thousand year-old tradition and sheer beauty of Middle Eastern Henna art, and also enjoy the region’s strong tradition of music and dance, with fascinating displays of folk dances. The traditional Emirati and Saudi inspired dances will take place every hour from 5pm – 10pm next to Godiva Café.
- With a variety of arts and crafts activities as well as musical events hosted at the family friendly ‘edutainment’ venue Caboodle – there is also plenty to keep the little ones entertained.
- Families and children can also celebrate with Iftah Ya Simsim, and join a fifteen festive parade that will start from level 2 running every hour from 5pm – 10pm, alongside some of their favorite muppet characters – what fun!
- For those with a passion for art, two artists will be hosting live performances every day from 6pm – 9pm. Come along and see Ramy El Zaghawi and Diaa Allam live in action. There will also be a chance to enjoy other beautiful art pieces that will be on display throughout the property as well.
- To also commemorate Saudi National Day, we will be hosting a solo Art Exhibition by the talented Saudi artist Abdulwahab Otaif.